Montage Wellness Center Reopening June 18, 2020
Dear members and community,
As you may be aware, fitness facilities have been cleared to reopen. We are preparing to reopen our facilities on Thursday, June 18, 2020. The pandemic has placed all of us in unfamiliar territory and redefined the word "ready." It has challenged us in our decisions, both operationally and socially. Montage Wellness Center is following the state and county's guidelines for opening. Proactively, during our brief closure, we have updated, retrofitted, and sanitized our facilities to ensure that your welcome is a safe one. And, one that is backed by Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula and Montage Health.
To address the social-distancing practices, we have implemented the following changes:
- Member and staff temperature screenings upon entry
- Heightened and more frequent cleaning and disinfecting equipment and facility
- Fitness stations will have easy-to-follow guidelines specific to that area
- Cardio equipment and pool access will be limited to 30 minutes
- Sections that are unable to maintain 6-feet distances, such as child care, steam room, spa access, towel service and vending will remain temporarily closed
- Class times will be shortened by 10 minutes to allow for cleaning, and occupancy will be limited to 6-12 people
- Members should bring their own water bottle and exercise mats. No other outside equipment is permitted.
You can view a full list of changes for revised member etiquette and safety practices, and additional pandemic information on our COVID-19 response plan web page.
Your membership will start again on our date of opening June 18, 2020. We also recognize that reengaging during these uncertain times needs to be at your own pace. To provide you with added peace-of-mind, Montage Wellness Center offers a hold on your membership for up to three months without fees.
To initiate a hold, please fill out our convenient online form, or contact Membership Services – Marina: (831) 883-5656, Salinas (831) 622-6900 – by June 18, 2020. Your account should not have any monthly charges since the beginning of the shelter-in-place order on March 18, 2020, and we will also provide a two-week credit for the remainder of March. This credit will be utilized for the period June 18-30, 2020. We will resume full monthly billing on July 1, 2020.
On behalf of the Montage Wellness Center staff, we share in your concerns and desires to return to "normal" and get back to a healthy you. Your cooperation and patience are invaluable in helping to keep our facilities and community safe. We are all in this together, and we look forward to seeing you very soon!
Chris Range, General Manager
Montage Wellness Center